Dealing with Stress
Dealing with Stress
Posted in: Stress
Stressors come in many forms from school deadlines to family drama and emotional problems. With so much to deal with at a young age, stress is an inevitable part of life. Although there are many available substances for dealing with stress, it is best to stay with the healthy forms of coping. Using dangerous substances will only make problems worse, and most likely increase your stress level in the long term.
Healthy Ways for Dealing with Stress
Instead of using dangerous substances like drugs and alcohol, there are plenty of great healthy options for dealing with daily stressors. Anything ranging from essential oils to exercise and writing are wonderful tools. Here’s a list for your enjoyment:
● Exercise: Doctors recommend getting at least thirty minutes to an hour of exercise a day. It keeps your hormone levels balanced and your body as healthy as can be. Exercise comes in many forms, not just traditional sports.
○ School sports like football, soccer, baseball, tennis
○ Dancing (hip hop, rap, ballroom)
● Meditation: A traditional and also recently popular form of relaxing is meditation, which is clearing the mind from stressors, trying to refocus on positives. They even have phone apps for this purpose.
○ Slow breathing
○ Clearing thoughts
○ Essential oils
● Writing: Putting your thoughts on paper is a great way to take stress away. Simply writing down your worries and stresses can be therapeutic, almost like dumping your problems into another space.
○ Creative writing
● Sleep: As a growing individual, it is necessary to get the right amount of sleep. It is recommended to get about 8 hours of sleep per night. If you are not able to do that, try little naps during the day.
Remember to avoid dangerous substances like drugs and alcohol. It is not worth the potential release of stress. These healthy ways are so much better for your mind and body.